Third album in the Pam Pam series, created by musicians-educators from Quarteto Gordon*.
Inspired by the Music Learning Theory by Edwin E. Gordon (USA, 1924-2015), the Pam Pam series aims to stimulate children's listening and musical expression by offering new resources for parents, caregivers and educators interested in promoting the development of musical learning for their children and students.
"Pam Pam 3 - Around the World" presents original arrangements of selected traditional songs from different cultures around the world. Alongside these, another 6 tracks have been composed by members of Quarteto Gordon specifically for this album, inspired by the tradition of the Viennese waltzes (Sacher) and the music from Brazil (Maracatu, Totototetocó), Uganda (Ambaa), Argentina (Dulce de leche) and Cuba (Cubo). The album is completed by a song by Edwin E. Gordon, arranged in USA rock style.
As in previous albuims, the songs and chants were performed always a capella and using neutral syllables (without words). Each song starts with a short melodic or rhythmic line performed by just one voice. After a brief space of silence, that initial line repeats two or three times improved by the other vocal parts.
The album insert contains essential information on the theoretical and creative bases of the works carried out by Quarteto Gordon. It contains also a set of suggestions for parents, caregivers and educators on how to use shared listening as a powerful resource for musical learning and enjoyment.
* Quarteto Gordon is an Italian-Brazilian vocal group specially dedicated to the early childhood. Created in 2011, the group is formed by Aline Romeiro and Wlad Mattos (BRA), Arnolfo Borsacchi and Pier Elisa Campus (ITA).
Songs: Pam Pam 3 - Around the World
01. Alouette (France)
02. Tarantella Napoletana (Campania/Italy)
03. Oh! Susanna (USA)
04. Scarborough fair (England)
05. Cubo (by Wlad Mattos, inspired by music from Cuba)
06. La Mariposa (Bolivia)
07. Tue Tue Barima / Obwisana (Ghana)
08. Hoyda, Hoyda, Hoy (Ukraine)
09. Springtime (by Edwin E. Gordon - USA)
10. Maracatu (by Wlad Mattos, inspirato alla musica brasiliana)
11. Hänschen Klein (Germania)
12. Hava Nagila (Israele)
13. Dulce de Leche (da Wlad Mattos, inspired by music from Argentina)
14. Cangala da Gogona (Georgia)
15. Ambaa (by Arnolfo Borsacchi, inspired by music from Uganda)
16. Sakura (Japan)
17. Non Potho Reposare (Sardinia/Italy)
18. Totototetocó (by Arnolfo Borsacchi, inspired by music from Brazil)
19. Üsküdar'a Gider İken (Turkey)
20. Sacher (by Arnolfo Borsacchi, inspired by music from Austria)
21. Teresinha de Jesus (Portugal and Brazil)
22. Anda Jaleo (Spain)
23. La Cucaracha (Spein and Mexico)
24. Pomme de Reinette (France)
All tracks contain original arrangements created and performed by Quarteto Gordon. All the songs on which these recordings are based are in the public domain, except: 5, 10 and 13 (by Wlad Mattos), 15. 18 and 20 (by Arnolfo Borsacchi) and 9 (by Edwin E. Gordon).
Pam Pam 3: Around the World
Digital Product (download)
When making the purchase, you will receive a link to download a .zip file containing: the digital version of the album in MP3 (standard quality) and FLAC (superior quality) formats, the images of the cover, back cover and insert of the physical album.